Home School Electives Options for Grades 6, 7, & 8th
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
How many hours is a student required to attend electives at Doral?
- 5 hours per week.
- Doral offers 90 hours per semester or 180 hours per year.
- See Middle School Home School Elective Calendar for days of the week classes are offered. (Coming Soon)
How do I enroll my Home School Student?
- Fill out the Home School registration document and return to the Doral front office to hold a spot for your student.
- Attend the Doral Summer Registration Day to choose your students electives for the Fall Semester.
- New students will need to provide a copy of the student’s birth certificate
- Provide a copy of Current Immunizations or an exemption Form
- If you waive immunizations, you will need to complete a new form (a new form is required each school year) – contact the nurse office to get a copy of that form.
How does Doral enter attendance for Home School kids?
- Doral would roster your student into elective classes offered and take attendance.
- Each Home School Student will need to be added into JeffCo Infinite Campus Portal for attendance purposes.
- There is no truancy if Home School Students report an absence.
- Doral Home School Students will follow a separate school calendar.
Who is responsible for Core Academic Curriculum Education?
- The student’s listed Guardian would be responsible, not Doral.
- Home school parents will sign a waiver to take responsibility of Academic Curriculum as well as sign an elective enrollment contract.
- Do Home School Students participate in state testing?
- No, there would not be any state testing reported or any kind of testing for Home School students.
What Electives are offered?
Elective Descriptions and Elective Enrollment Choice Form coming soon.
Are there elective fees to home school students?
- Yes, All Doral students fully enrolled and Home School enrolled are requested to pay a small one time elective fee at the beginning of each semester’s registration.
What After School Programs are offered at Doral? Fees very per program
- Home School students are encouraged to register for any of the after school programs Doral offers.
- Doral does offer after school care for working parents.
- After School Program Examples include (Programs subject to change based on student interest): Karate, Science Matters, Drawing Club, Spanish Club, Critter Club, Drama Club, Lego Engineering, and Book Club.